I picked up Richard Dawkins' polemic about religion in
a Coles bookstore and turned to a random page. He was
describing the Holy Trinity in very unflattering terms
and was commenting about the foolishness of believing
in things that one could not understand. I thought of
quantum theory and how it was essential to modern
electronics and put the book back on the shelf. it was
not until I reached home that I remembered that
non-Euclidian geometry was developed to show how
foolish to was compared to the Euclidian model. This
was in the early 19th century a hundred years before
Einstein made it fundamental to physics.

What this really dos show is that scientists are among
he worst in being able to fix an accurate model of
reality. Eliot was vastly better at this than Dawkins
and his followers are.

http://cosmiclog.msnbc.msn.com/archive/2007/07/17/274531.aspx