P.

From: "Nancy Gish" <[log in to unmask]>

The feminists I meant here are women writing today, both academics and
social commentators, who know what Plato and Aristotle and Rousseau and
Mediaval witch hunters and John Adams and 19th century doctors said about
women as well as what women throughout history said.  But it applies as well
to the author of The Gospel of Mary and Julian of Norwich and Hildegard von
Bingen and Christine de Pizan and Amelia Lanyer and Anna Maria von Schurman
and Mary Wollstonecraft and the Sarah Grimké and Elizabeth Cady Stanton and
Virginia Woolf and Simone de Beauvoir and. . . . . . .
In what sense do you mean the word "feminists" here?

P.

From: "Nancy Gish" <[log in to unmask]>