Rita Kelly wrote:

> Dear Listers
>
> Do we have a source for 'Frisch weht der Wind ...'  is it just a sailor's
> song? If so from where?  Any connection with Tristan u. Isolde?
> Perhaps it has been cited and I have missed it.  If so perhaps someone might
> be good enough to point me in the direction.

Please check out my website on TWL at
http://world.std.com/~raparker/exploring/thewasteland/explore.html
and pick out the link for the size of your monitor.  Then explore.
I don't address everything that Southam does but lots of the topics
are covered in more depth. For example, I have Act I, scene I of Tristan
in German and English.

The site is framed and somewhat complex. Some hate it and some love it.

Regards,
    Rick Parker