Eliot gives the source in the notes; it is Tristan und Isolde, I verses
508.

Other than the notes, the best first source for Eliot allusions is B. C.
Southam's A GUIDE TO THE SELECTED POEMS OF T. S. ELIOT (1968; New York:
Harcourt Brace, 1994)  Southam elaborates on the Tristan source.

Best,
Nancy

>>> Rita Kelly <[log in to unmask]> 07/31/07 12:45 PM >>>
Dear Listers

Do we have a source for 'Frisch weht der Wind ...'  is it just a
sailor's
song? If so from where?  Any connection with Tristan u. Isolde?
Perhaps it has been cited and I have missed it.  If so perhaps someone
might
be good enough to point me in the direction.

Thank you all indeed

Rita Kelly