Folks,

For an excellent and very moving discussion of T. S.  Eliot's concept of "A
life-giving death" -- the death of the Self followed by  spiritual rebirth as
per St. John of The Cross and Krishna-- and the other  important wonderful
components of the searchings of the "post  conversion" Eliot, I recommend the book
"Redeeming Time, T. S. Eliot's Four  Quartets" by Kenneth Paul Kramer,
Professor Emeritus of Comparative Religious  Studies at San Jose State University.
Eliot's ideas of "time and  timelessness" are beautifully described and
discussed by Professor  Kramer. Although the primary subject of  "Redeeming Time"  is
the "Four Quartets," the discussion is applicable to many of T. S.  Eliot's
poems.
Thanks,
Barnwell

In a message dated 7/26/2007 4:25:25 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,