My dog, Red, doesn't like the telephone.  A couple of times, when I  had to
take a trip without them, I would call and my husband would put the phone  to
Red's ear and I would talk to her, but this always freaked her out a  bit. The
problem was the Red is so smart and emotional that she knew it was  my voice
but I wasn't there and she didn't understand and so became upset.   Red is very
much a "thinking" dog.  As for sounds, Red makes amazing sounds  with her
vocal chords.

Kate

In a message dated 7/25/2007 1:08:46 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,