I look at the name "postmodernism" as a pretentious attempt to one-up
modernism, but an attempt that failed.

P.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Carrol Cox" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Monday, July 23, 2007 8:37 AM
Subject: Re: Rewrite The Waste Land

{This odd spacing across the screen almost loses me.) CR always loses me
so I haven't read many of his recent posts -- but there is no place for
post-modernism in this discussion. To introduce it is to make nonsense
of all attempts at periodization. Also, one simply cannot make any
statement at all which is even close to generally true of all so-called
"postmodernists." Probably aome of them are anarchists, but not very
many. The term has been pretty much ruined by meaning so many different
things and being so often (as in this thread) misused.

I think it's probably best simply to ignore contributions to these
endless attempts to link t.s.e. or fragments of his work to everything
and nothing. THese aren't literary observations, they are expressions of
pathology.

Carrol