At 12:36 AM 7/13/2007, you wrote:
>Since this is not original research, perhaps I should have said "an
>heir" rather than "the heir," but I am using Lawrence Rainey, and though
>I do not want to get into another round on Wikipedia, Rainey can be
>counted on for scrupulous research;

  Nice if it were true, but not the conclusion one might draw after reading
the thread here last year, "L. Rainey wins big book award ..."  Quite the
opposite might be more appropriate. And anyhow, Eliot studies are littered
with "unreliable narrators"; Wikipedia can't be worse than many, and it's
self-correcting mechanism makes it at least as interesting as "juried"
publications. All require attentive caution on the part of the reader.

Ken A