I'm not sure why you refer to the German impersonal "you" as
"annoyingly gendered".

At least in German, what is commonly - and annoyingly - used in
English as "man" becomes "*Das* Mann" - *neuter* gender.

My own prejudices were surprised when I expected "Der Mann", and
learned "Das Mann".

:-)

Charles