Nancy I doubt if anyone deliberately sends the same message twice. It's just one of the inconveniences of being a member of a listsrv. Diana

From:  Nancy Gish <[log in to unmask]>
To:  [log in to unmask]
Subject:  Re: "Coherent Readers, Incoherent Texts" Re: Rewrite The Waste Land
Date:  Sat, 21 Jul 2007 14:50:16 -0400
Despite the flatness of email that could cause misreading here--I am
genuine about the concern--is there a reason to send what has already
been sent?  This fills up my "mailbox usage," as does all the quoting of
poems we all already have.

I open these because I assume they will be a new contribution.

Thanks for thinking about this.
Nancy

>>> Chokh Raj <[log in to unmask]> 07/21/07 2:24 PM >>>
Well, even if it's a recreation -- departing from the text, per se --
   it could be boring to some, and interesting to others. Here's
   something at the Forum which I find a delight to read -- both
   Diana's observation and Rick's recreation :

   Diana:
   >> This is a verbose street-lamp! I never realized how it skirts the
>> ridiculous until I saw it isolated in your message. It also,
>> deliberately or not, illustrates the constructivist belief that
>> perceptions are determined by the psychological state of the
>> subject. The same street-lamp would no doubt be heard to say quite
>> different things to another perceiver.

      > Half-past three,
       >The street-lamp sputters
      > The street-lamp says, 'Regard that man
     >  that crawls the gutters
      > Listen to that man as he mutters
      > "Where the f*** did I drop that key?"'

     >Regards,
     > Rick Parker

   It's a critical reading too -- funny, mocking, absurd -- but it has a
right to it.
   Where some would see madness, others might see reason in madness.

   Cheers!

   CR

Carrol Cox <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
    It makes sense to me that a reader should formulate his/her own
sense of a text's coherence, but I am just infinitely bored by making up
new poems out of individual images, which makes any kind of even
provisional coherence impossible.

Fussy? Opinionated? Impossible to please? Perfect.  Join Yahoo!'s user
panel and lay it on us.

Sick sense of humor? Visit Yahoo! TV's Comedy with an Edge to see what's
on, when.

More photos, more messages, more storageóget 2GB with Windows Live Hotmail.