From: MO Wild Bird Forum [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of
Robert Fisher
Sent: Wednesday, June 20, 2007 1:47 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: 6/20 Lakewood -- Western Grebe -- YES

The Casebolts, who originally reported the bird, generously allowed me to
scope it from their lakefront lawn between 11:45 and 12:30 today. The bird
is definitely a Western Grebe, not a Clark's Grebe. The Casebolt's house is
near the West Marina, and the bird was in the northern part of the cove at
the southern end of the west lake. The bird would NOT have been visible from

Lakewood Blvd. this morning. Had I tried to view it by looking north from
the marina instead of from the Casebolts' lawn, it probably could have been
in sight part of the time and out of sight part of the time.

I was evidently quite lucky to see it from Lakewood Blvd. Monday, as it
usually hangs out where it was today.

For those unfamiliar with Lakewood, it is in Lee's Summit, Jackson County,
MO. If you want to see the bird, I suggest that you email Linda Casebolt at
[log in to unmask] beforehand. I cannot offer a view from the Caebolt's
home or post their phone number, but they are very nice people, and I'm sure

they would find a way to communicate with you so that you can find out
whether the bird is in their part of the lake when you are ready to see it.

Bob Fisher
Independence, Missouri