This evening I walked the Rock Bridge State Park, Grasslands Trail. I
realized that I still didn't have a Summer Tanager on my year list, and that
seemed as good as a place as any to find one.  Instead, I found
Yellow-breasted Chat heaven!  There must have been one vocalizing about
every 5 minutes on the trail.  Several peewees were fly-catching from small
trees.  The sinkholes have water in them, an attraction for the red-winged
blackbirds.  Several cuckoos flying across the grasslands, from tree edge to
tree edge.

When I got back to where the grasslands interface with the woods, near a
small clump of locust trees,  I kept hearing an unusual bird calling and an
identical answer that I just couldn't place.  It seemed to have the
beginning notes of a Sedge Wren and the ending notes of a Grasshopper
Sparrow; but neither one seemed right.  Kept searching my brain for what
other sparrow it could possibly be with that buzzy quality.  After about ten
minutes,  got the briefest glimpse of yellow; then finally in full view - a
Blue-winged Warbler !  I guess I should have figured that out, but have
never heard the call with the double-triple introductory notes before the
buzz.  Certainly not the standard issue beee-buzz!

Species seen include:
Northern Bobwhite
Indigo Bunting
Field Sparrow
Eastern Towhee
Yellow-breasted Chat
Eastern Wood-peewee
Yellow-billed Cuckoo
Orchard Oriole
Red-winged Blackbird
Northern Cardinal
BC Chickadee
Summer Tanager (yes, the lengthy stop for the Warbler paid off)
Blue-winged Warbler
Downy Woodpecker
Common Yellowthroat
Barn Swallow