Which of course brings Guido de Montefeltro to mind.

Cheers,
Peter
----- Original Message -----
From: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">cr mittal
To: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]
Sent: Monday, June 11, 2007 3:15 PM
Subject: Re: Of "awful daring"

Thou, who art wise, better my meaning know'st,
Than I can speak.

     ~ Dante : Inferno, II. (Trans. by Henry F. Cary)

"O'Sullivan, Brian P" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
I've always imagined that if the "daring moment" had a biographical referent, it was something less public and documentable than what we know of his marriage or conversion or change of national affiliation--something "not to be found in our obituaries."

Brian

Brian O'Sullivan, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of English
Director of the Writing Center