From: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">cr mittal
To: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]
Sent: Thursday, June 07, 2007 4:21 PM
Subject: Re: O ces voix d'enfants, chantant dans la coupole!

A poetic technique deployed by Eliot in TWL is one of juxtaposition --
juxtaposition of contrasting situations that put each other in relief.
Here the sordid washing of "feet" with soda water by Mrs Porter
(a legendary brothel-keeper) is contrasted with the ceremonial,
purifying washing ceremony in Chapel Perilous where the children
(symbol of purity) sing in a choir. The latter restores health to the
ailing king and his land.  I appreciate your remark -- yes, indeed!

Regards,

CR

Jonathan Crowther <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Cd anyone enlighten me as to why this line is quoted as an 'end' to the Mrs
Porter lines?

//The line concludes Verlain's Parcifal sonnet which is the soln to the plot of the TWL surely? If only the sonnet were true the TWL could end! //

Yahoo! Answers - Check it out.

Checked by AVG Free Edition.