This is so absurd, Carrol, but if you really believe this, I wonder why you continue to live in this awful, criminal country.

Those Iraqi factions are patriots properly resisting a criminal foreign
ggression

-----Original Message-----
From: Carrol Cox <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Thu, 7 Jun 2007 3:39 pm
Subject: Re: The Stetson Passage in TWL

Kate Troy wrote:

 I wonder how Eliot would see the current war:Â  Young american
 soldiers die every day while around them the various Iraquis factions
 wound and kill each other along with the women and
 children, and outside terrorist cells encourage and enage in the
 scenario while in Amerca, this is all but ignored, as the news of
 the day is how Paris Hilton is faring in prison.Â
Those Iraqi factions are patriots properly resisting a criminal foreign
ggression. There is also unfortunately a civil war, but that is almost
lways one of the effects of foreign occupation. The French Resistance
illed something like 3 or 4 Frenchmen for every German they killed.
As to how Eliot would see it -- I can give the same answer I gave 40
ears ago to my 10 year old daughter when she asked me if I would have
oted for Lincoln if I had been alive in 1860. I replied that if I had
een alive then I wouldn't be me. Or what a French anthropologist said
bout the human species (humanity does not _have_ a history; it _is_ its
istory) can also be said of individuals: I don't _have_ a history; I
am_ my history. Ditto Eliot, and his history did not include the U.S.
ggression in the mideast.
Carrol