In a message dated 6/23/2007 1:20:09 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, [log in to unmask] writes:

... notwithstanding all the stuff we came to believe from your
abolute dominance of our media about yourselves.
I don't quite understand how America dominates your media.  I think that Australia controls their own media and what stories they report on and how stories are reported, etc.

Just recall we are not the French you like to sneer at.
I happen to like the French.  I actually speak French.  Paris is the most beautiful large city in the world.

Kate all of us who have been over there where you are feel sorry for you
people, no rancour  no nothing it just aint so great where your are
that's all. You just don't know that elsewhere is better.  Guantanamo?-
we thiink of it as a disgrace whether the people there are good or bad.
And matey that's the opinion of your friends. But I guess you will want
to argue about the quality of your urban infrastructure  not whether the
honourable history of your country is being soiled.

I actually don't live in an urban area.  I live on a small Florida island where our infrastructure can indeed be shaky at times from those pesky summer storms.  I'm not really worried abut the honorable history of my country, either.  We lived through Vietnam.  We'll live through this debacle, too.  I just hope that our people as a whole don't take it out on the soldiers, as they did in Vietnam.  That was deeply regretted by everyone.

Have a nice day

Pete (in Melbourne, Australia)

You have a nice day, too.

Kate