Ever here of Paul Frederick Bowles? A US writer in Europe.
P.
----- Original Message -----
From: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">Diana Manister
To: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]
Sent: Tuesday, June 05, 2007 5:50 AM
Subject: Re: The life in the poem Was: New Topic

Peter, unless you mean Ye Anciente Royale Game of Bowles, it's usually spelled "bowls." Diana

From:  Peter Montgomery <[log in to unmask]>
To:  [log in to unmask]
Date:  Tue, 5 Jun 2007 05:51:54 -0800
The difference in reading is important. To quote Eliot,
"In art there should be interpenetration and metamorphosis."
On the other hand, I would be lying if my reading weren't
influenced by biography, such as knowing that Eliot played at bowles
with the Woolfs.

Cheers,
Peter.
I breed much of the night and