From:  cr mittal <[log in to unmask]>
To:  [log in to unmask]
Subject:  Of "awful daring"
Date:  Sun, 10 Jun 2007 10:12:43 -0700

                    The awful daring of a moment's surrender
     Which an age of prudence can never retract

     CR: I have always seen this as Eliot's way of saying "Marry in haste,
     repent at leisure." Not believing in divorce, his sudden to decision to
     marry Viv left him one of their lifetimes in which to repent. Diana

     I don't think so, Diana. There's a note of approval, not disapproval,
     to the "awful daring of a moment's surrender" in

     The awful daring of a moment's surrender
     Which an age of prudence
can never retract
     // By this, and this only, we have existed //

     Regards,

     CR

 in the all-new Yahoo! Mail Beta.