Marcia,

  I don't know whether I should be writing this --
  I have been too moved (by tears) this whole day --
  stunned -- by that moment which is of "personal daring".
  I wonder how one can be so daring in one's magnanimity,
  wisdom, and humility.  Most of this poet's oeuvre kept
  rotating like an unbelievable story of daring -- moral daring
  that is not in the least a sign of weak-kneed cowardice --
  for cowards cannot be so truthful as to risk infamy --
  but this goes beyond infamy or praise.  It brings
  me to the meditative incantation of FQ.

  Thanks for strumming the note.

  Best regards,

  CR

Marcia Karp <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
  Nancy Gish wrote:

>In any case, daring
>moments are not very present in any of the poetry, and when they are
>possible, whoever is speaking tends to fail.

Dear Nancy,
You must be speaking in terms of subject or illustration. //Who can
know the dares another might take in his writing? --those moments that
are of personal daring. In any work that stand out from the mass of
works, it is likely that many such moments are in fact present.// They
may be grammatical or typographical; they needn't be biographical, for
instance, to be daring to the dare-er.

Marcia

Visit the Yahoo! Auto Green Center.