A radical change of perspective ?

And wouldn't the following lines, then, be seen
in a new perspective:

And still she cried, and still the world pursues,
'Jug Jug' to dirty ears.

The awful daring of a moment's surrender
Which an age of prudence can never retract
By this, and this only, we have existed
Which is not to be found in our obituaries
Or in memories draped by the beneficent spider
Or under seals broken by the lean solicitor
In our empty rooms

CR

cr mittal <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Last word ?

The corpse planted in the garden, then, is that of the aborted child.

So sad !  The mother must have cried herself out inconsolably.

No wonder, there're "bats with baby faces" that haunt TWL.

Datta.  Dayadhvam.  Damyata.
Shantih  shantih  shantih

CR

cr mittal <[log in to unmask]> quoted from TWL:
I can't help it, she said, pulling a long face.
It's them pills I took, to bring it off, she said.