A poetic technique deployed by Eliot in TWL is one of juxtaposition --
  juxtaposition of contrasting situations that put each other in relief.
  Here the sordid washing of "feet" with soda water by Mrs Porter
  (a legendary brothel-keeper) is contrasted with the ceremonial,
  purifying washing ceremony in Chapel Perilous where the children
  (symbol of purity) sing in a choir. The latter restores health to the
  ailing king and his land.  I appreciate your remark -- yes, indeed!

  Regards,

  CR

Jonathan Crowther <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
  Cd anyone enlighten me as to why this line is quoted as an 'end' to the Mrs
Porter lines?

//The line concludes Verlain's Parcifal sonnet which is the soln to the plot of the TWL surely? If only the sonnet were true the TWL could end! //

Yahoo! Answers - Check it out.