Kate, you have absolutely and utterly no basis for what you call a belief.  Only trials can determine innocence or guilt--as far as possible--and in America we have a presumption of innocence.  By all standards of American law and principle and ethics, they are all presumed innocent.  It is deeply wrong to claim they are not when you have nothing at all but a totally unbased opinion.  No one is there because they have been convicted of anything.  People are arrested and tried to find out if they are guilty not because they are.

Yes--to everyone, I know this is pointless, but sometimes one must be a witness and refuse to read such a thing in silence.

As that is everything I mean to say or I think worth saying, I don't mean to get pulled into another set of exchanges.

Nancy

>>> Kate Troy <[log in to unmask]> 06/22/07 12:03 PM >>>

Al-Jazeera is not known for its truthful and/or accurate reporting.  In fact, the mainstream press in most democratic countres, not just ours, will not use them as a source, as their reporting can be totally and knowingly inaccurate.

At for the prisoners at Gitmo, I believe that all prisoners, even terrorists, are entitled to counsel and basic rights.  Having said this, I must also state that I do not believe that Gitmo is filled with innocents.

Regards,

Kate