Ah, then you are speaking of temper, which I believe is an entirely
different matter than surrendering to an impulse that cannot be retracted.   I think
that you are younger then me.  I'm like 41.  I'll tell you of  my two
"insignificant" moments today.  As I was leaving for the office  today, I was looking
at my painting of Princess Diana.  From behind me, my  husband said:  It's
good; you got her, but the mouth is a little off.   I turned to him and said,
rather sarcastically:  Don't you think  that I know that.  I didn't say "Duh," but
it was there hanging in the  air unsaid.  He's my biggest fan and my biggest
critic.  This  impulse hardly changed our lives and, in fact, was immediately
retracted with a  "goodbye for the day" kiss.  The second incident occurred at
the market on  way home.  I surrendered to impulse and placed that gorgeous
chocolate item  in my basket.  But, the fact that I ran two miles in 90 degree
heat on  Saturday and Sunday retracted that impulse beforehand.
Rick, if you are speaking of "office politics" matters and stupid things
people say and responding with anger, etc., I finally learned after years and
years and years:  Live and Let Live.

Regards,

Kate

P.S.  In examining my painting tonight, I noted that I made Diana's  breasts
too large.  She was well built, but I gave her more than is  her due.  My
husband didn't mention this error. ha ha.

In a message dated 6/11/2007 9:14:33 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,