Dear List

I think that TSE found several cool sounding words (and he didn't even have
to invent any of them) that when strung together rhythmically resulted in a
short powerful phrase which provokes plenty of emotion in the reader.  What
else is good poetry suppose to do?  That it also played into the then
prevalent amateur interest in psychology and myth just made it even more
attractive to the poet.

Why just today I've already had several moments which in retrospect were
awful moments of surrender to impulse that nothing can retract.  I just have
to live with it and think of it as a friend selector.  My friends, the ones
who stay by me, have had to learn to put up with lots of duh! Moments.  I
still feel rotten about them until I forget and commit another.  Somehow TSE
manages to remind me of the worst ones every time I read this passage.

Rick Seddon
Portales, NM