Dear Nancy,
    Since you wrote "In any case, daring moments are not very present in any of the poetry" it seems to me that you were expanding the conversation from the particular phrase in TWL. I am sorry if you feel you were misunderstood, but I wanted, and want, to make it clear that writing is itself an action that has attributes independent of the subjects it is concerned with.

    You continued: "are not very present in any of the poetry, and when they are possible, whoever is speaking tends to fail."  I don't know if you mean to limit your focus to those who announce I am daring, but the young man carbuncular, for instance, dares and doesn't fail by his own lights, at least.

    What passages were you thinking of, please, when you wrote "when they are possible, whoever is speaking tends to fail"?  I need help in jogging my analyses.

Best,
Marcia

Nancy Gish wrote:
[log in to unmask]" type="cite">I did mean in the subject. I was responding to a comment about the
phrase in TWL. It might have been great daring to reveal so much while
presenting as not revealing.
Cheers,
Nancy

Marcia Karp <[log in to unmask]> 06/10/07 1:47 PM >>>