Diana Manister wrote:

> Carrol, you imply by your disavowal of the unconcscious that all of
> our mental processes take place within our conscious awareness. Diana

No I don't. Denial of "The Unconscious" in a Freudian or Jungian sense
is wholly compatible with recognizing that almost all our mental
processes are unconscious. Practically the only people who still take
Freud seriously are english lit students & scholars. Most med schools no
longer give training in psychoanalysis -- it is more and more recognized
to be in the same boat with astrology, intelligent design, neoclassical
economics, and eugenics.

Carrol