Some things never change, such as leading a woman on for years and  then
ditching her, such as an otherwise intelligent woman being a silly goose  about a
man.  Poor Tom.  If he was alive today living in England and  Emily in
America, he would had to deal with cell phones.  Another thing  that hasn't changed:
If after a few months of being in love, if he doesn't  bring up marriage or
at least shacking up, then she needs to face up to  facts.

In a message dated 6/15/2007 12:26:31 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,