As I said, there is no analogy.  In 1911, if a man said he was in love,
it was to be trusted.  That was the point of those words.  And it is
frankly disgraceful to say that when a man betrays trust the woman is
just silly.  It is outrageous.
Nancy

>>> Kate Troy <[log in to unmask]> 06/14/07 8:06 PM >>>

By the way, Nancy, Annette was also a New England lady.

As I remember, Annette had a good job and received promotions, etc. She

owned a nice home. Emily waited all of those years, instead of pursuing
her
happiness with a man who wanted to be with her.  I imagine that Emily
used  to cry
at Christmas and Thanksgiving and on her birthday, etc., just as
Annette used
to do.

In a message dated 6/14/2007 7:40:01 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,