Peter Montgomery wrote:

> The res0nance between the lines is much more effective with that line
> removed. It doesn't relate to anything else around it.

I don't think that "Bin gar ..." does either but it's still in the poem.
But thanks for your opinion.  The line makes such an image I just can't
see why it was thrown away.

> Still, the question is fascinating. I think the key word is IVORY?
> Why ivory?  Very expensive.

AHY-vuh-ree makes good company with KUHM-puh-nee.

It also ties us back to the luxury described at the beginning of Part II.
Just as the confusing syntax would have done if the line had remained.

Regards,
    Rick Parker