Fred> I state that the character name "Fresca" in deleted lines of "The
Waste Land"
Fred> and in "Gerontion" inspired the naming of the soft drink

Fresca was introduced by the Coca-Cola company in 1963.
  --  see:   http://www.answers.com/topic/fresca-1

The facsimile edition of The Waste Land (which is the TWL text that mentions
"Fresca") was not made public until 1971. So certainly the TWL lines cannot
be the source.

"Gerontion" was published 40+ years before the soft drink came out, so that
could be the source. However, since "fresca" means "fresh" in Spanish, that
is a likely reason for the name of the drink.

-- Tom --