Observed 1 male Blue Grosbeak on Grasspad Road (accessed from Hwy 45)
between McLinley Lane and Farley Road sitting on a wire over a grassy field.
The field has a low fence with trees nearby across the gravel road. The BLGR
sat awhile on the wire and I watched it, of course. :) It then flew across the
gravel road and perched on a lower branch of a tree.

Prothonotary Warbler was heard in the same spot at Platte Falls CA this
morning as in my 5/28 post. It would sing, then wait ~5 minutes before singing
again. White-eyed Vireo, Yellow-breasted Chat, and Alder Flycatcher were
near the power line opening.

Many interestingly shaped Cliff Swallow nests on the I-435 bridges as seen
from below on Tiffany Park Rd. Pretty cool structures to look at. Saw 3 birds
in flight and some heads sticking out of the mud nests. I wonder if some of
the nests are from years past or if they're all current year projects...

Observed 2 Brown-headed Cowbirds (male and female) sitting near an Eastern
Meadowlark on a wire over a grassy field. The female cowbird flew down into
the tall grasses...perhaps to lay an egg in the meadowlark nest?  Meadowlark
stayed put.

Conservation area bird reports are posted on CACHE.
http://mobirds.org/CACHE/trips.asp

Good Birdin'!
Laura Gilchrist
Platte County