We visited Tower Grove Park, St Louis City
  St Charles County:  Weldon Springs River Access - Katy Trail
                                Klondike State Park
                                Darst Bottom near Defiance

  Black and White Warbler
  Am Redstart
  Magnolia
  Canada
  C Yellowthroat
  Ovenbird - a couple of bursts of song

  Yellow-bellied Flycatcher - a few calls
  Acadian Flycatcher - a surprise giving his pizza call repeatedly
  Great Crested Flycatcher - singing
  E Wood Peewee - singing

  House Finch - one of them an odd bird that appeared to be eating grass
  Gray Catbird - singing constantly
  R-T Hummingbird
  Coopers Hawk
  Am Goldfinch
  C Grackles
  Am Robins
  Red-headed Woodpecker
  Downy WP
  Red-bellied WP
  Indigo Bunting
  Red-eyed Vireo
  Carolina Wren
  Chimney Swifts
  Mourning Dove

  By the time we crossed the Missouri into St Charles County, the winds had become fierce, assuring almost no birds were sitting up in exposed positions and carrying away most birdsong that might have helped us find them.  We did not see the Painted Bunting at the Katy Trail.

  Turkey Vultures had no problems with the winds.  A Great Blue Heron, a Bald Eagle and Red-tailed Hawks flew over.

  We added more Indigo Buntings
  1 male Scarlet Tanager that went into hiding as soon as Paul came up for his life bird
  1 Lark Sparrow
  N Mockingbird
  Savannah Sparrow
  Am Crows
  E Meadowlark
  E Kingbirds
  Rock Pigeons
  Dickcissels
  Swallow species

  Apologies for birds accidentally left out.
  Target birds missed:  Painted Bunting, Willow Flycatcher, Blue Grosbeak

  Jackie Chain

  St Louis County