I inquired of Tim James, staff at Eagle Bluffs, of the status of the area.
See message below for current flood information.  On Tuesday, we crossed the
I-70 at Rocheport and the Overton Bottoms area on the north side was flooded
from bluff to bluff; on the south side, there was only flooding close to the
river.  Suspect that has to do with the river chute cut on the north side
and the remaining levees on the south side.  Looks like these conservation
areas in the floodplain are doing what they are designed to do - absorb
water, lessening the flood potential further downstream.

We were returning from a trip that included Cheyenne Bottoms and Quiver in
Kansas.  Access is very limited at Quiver with virtually no shorebird
habitat due to flooding.  They lost all the Snowy Plover nests and are
hopeful of re-nesting attempts.  Cheyenne had more roads open, but water was
very high - did see three live Snowy Plovers there, and unfortunately two
dead ones on the road.  The lady at the hotel said she had not seen the
"bottom" that high since her childhood, which I suspect might have been 50
years ago.  The Nature Conservancy land to the northwest of Cheyenne must be
slightly higher, as it was accessible and held some shorebirds, and looked
like a wonderful addition to the Cheyenne complex.
Jean Leonatti
Boone County
Columbia, MO