After seeing the L. Bunting at Martha LaFite, I went to the large alfalfa
field on 52nd St. near the Missouri River looking for Bobolinks. The field
looks quite weedy. In any event, no Bobolinks yet, but I did see 6-8 Western
Kingbirds and Dicksissels every 50 yards on the wires. Quite a few
sparrow-type birds were flying up from the edges of the road as I drove
along. Some were Savanahs and one was a White-crowned, but, suprisingly, at
least a half dozen were male Indigo Buntings.

I zipped over to Cooley Lake and listened for the Marsh Wrens and Sandhill
Crane without success, but I did find one Least Flycatcher. I also heard a
Wood Pewee sing once at Martha LaFite and saw a pewee-like flycatcher
flitting through the trees there. FOY flycatchers for me apart from Phoebes,
kingbirds and a Scissor-tail at the airport previously posted.

Bob Fisher
Independence, Missouri