My only unhealthy "vice" is the cigarettes.  Ten years ago, before I took up running, I smoked 1 1/2 packs of Virginia Slims Lights every day.  I now smoke 1 pack of Virginia Slims Ultra Lights every day.  I enjoy smoking and so the idea of giving them up completely is not appealing at the moment to me, but my goal is to smoke five cigarettes every day (1/4 of a pack).  I figure this would be the equivalent of a non-smoker living in Los Angeles.  I believe that my lungs could live with that for the years to come, taking into consideration the running and my healthy diet.

By the way, CR, walking won't do it. If you are over 30 and want to keep the weight off, you need to do something more high impact.  If you have bad knees, etc. and can't run, then swimming.  That's not to say walking isn't healthy and nurturing, but for purposes of keeping it off, you have to do something more.

Regards,

Kate