If anyone has any information at all about TSE's contacts with the Anglican monk, teacher, theologian and historian Bro. George Every of the Society of the Sacred Mission, Kelham, where TSE often spent spiritual retreats, I'd be most grateful to hear from them.

Every 'jumped-ship' to the Roman Catholic faith in 1972 and spent the last 31 years of his life at Oscott Seminary in Birmingham and his work and his interest in Little Gidding and Ferrar is said to have inspired that particular 'Quartet'. Although his correspondence with TSE and with many other literary luminaries and the like must have been immense both in volume and significance, little now seems to remain. Ackroyd mentions Kelham very briefly in his bio. but nothing I can see relating to Every personally, who died as recently as 2003, aged 94.

Regards

David Boyd
Seascale, Cumbria UK