I like it, Diana.  At least that has been my experience.

Now what's so wrong with thanking someone for his/her remarks,
appreciate them, or express joy of sorts -- these are not things
to take offense at.  We're not in a classroom or in an examination
hall where students are snubbed at the least offense. A genial
sense of camaraderie, tolerance and respect for others' sentiments
-- I'd make a strong plea for that.  That should not, however, be
construed to mean lack of seriousness or frivolity. I think we have
been reasonably serious in our discussions.   BUT bullying, mockery,
sniping, or what have you, do indeed vitiate the atmosphere.

CR

Probably we are all guilty of intolerance to a certain extent. Patience with each other could only improve the atmosphere in the list. I greatly value your contributions and I'm surely not alone in that. Why not do what I do? Have a good sulk, refuse to participate in the list, and then come back again. Diana

Get your own web address.