My only unhealthy "vice" is the cigarettes.  Ten years ago, before I  took up
running, I smoked 1 1/2 packs of Virginia Slims Lights every day.   I now
smoke 1 pack of Virginia Slims Ultra Lights every day.  I enjoy  smoking and so
the idea of giving them up completely is not appealing at the  moment to me,
but my goal is to smoke five cigarettes every day (1/4 of a  pack).  I figure
this would be the equivalent of a non-smoker living in Los  Angeles.  I believe
that my lungs could live with that for the years to  come, taking into
consideration the running and my healthy diet.

By the way, CR, walking won't do it. If you are over 30 and want to  keep the
weight off, you need to do something more high impact.  If you  have bad
knees, etc. and can't run, then swimming.  That's not to say  walking isn't
healthy and nurturing, but for purposes of keeping it off,  you have to do something
more.

Regards,

Kate

In a message dated 5/4/2007 10:16:26 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,