Just out of curiosity, I went to Eliot on wikipedia.  Within the first
few paragraphs I learn that his "writing period" was 1917-1965, though
it is well known that he was writing at least as early as 1905.
1917-1965 is his period of publication.

I also learn that the Facsimile Edition of TWL was published in 1974
(odd, since my copy is 1971) and that the "draft manuscript"--same
book--was published in 1972.

I'm not sure why one should read further, but it does matter when a poem
was published, and it is not at all hard to find out.
Nancy

>>> Nancy Gish <[log in to unmask]> 05/26/07 2:44 PM >>>
In the meantime, students and others get incorrect information.  That is
the unavoidable and destructive problem of an "open source."  And the
key word is "if."  It may never be corrected at all.  Thus confusion
proliferates.