Dear Mo Birders,

I went out to Eagle Bluffs this afternoon (4:00 to 6:10 or so) just to kill some
time before going over to Bradford Farm to try to Photograph the Bobolink that
I saw on Saturday evening... Well... I came across some Goodies that kept me
there Longer than I expected...

While checking Pool 4 there really wasn't too much going on up until I reached
the Main/Big Pool, and there in the middle of the Pool was (3) Dark IBIS's - I
knew that they were either White-Faced or Glossy (Leaning more to the
White-Faced due to the Rarity of Glossy...), but I didn't have a Scope to
Confirm... So I tried to call Jean Leonatti, but she wasn't available... Then I
tried Edge and Jerry Wade, and they were there!!! They arrived a little while
later and with the aide of a Scope were able to Confirm that there were (3)
WHITE-FACED IBIS!!! Also, while watching the Ibis's, I saw (2 and then 3)
WILSON'S PHALAROPES, the two Females and one Male were all over the
place, with a Male & Female following a Blue-Winged Teal around doing their
little "Dance" in his wake!!! While Edge and Jerry were there, we kept hearing
a SORA Calling in the Pool that is in between the two One-Way Roads, so
Edge brought out her Birding I-Pod and was able to Call-out the Sora!!! A Year
Bird for All of us!!!

Later after picking Michelle up and bringing her back down the see the Birds
(6:45-7:25), we ran into Ann Downing who was Looking for them... I was able
to Re-Find the Wilson's Phalaropes (turned out to be 6 of them out there -
Thanks to Ann!!!), but the White-faced Ibis were Nowhere to be found...
Hopefully they will still be around for tomorrow, but who knows... Good Luck if
you go a Searching!!!

Never did make it our to Photograph the Bobolink... Oh well, there's Always
Tomorrow!!! Please Take Care, and the Very Best of Birding to you All!!!

Yours,
Jonathan B. Pons
Columbia, Boone County