I'll join in to thank Mike Doyen and his team that put together a great
ASM Spring Meeting in Salem, MO.  One of the highlights of Spring
Meetings is that we get to bird places out of our own neck of the woods
that we've only read about on MoBIRDS.  I got to experience one of Mike
Doyen's favorite sites, White River Trace Conservation Area, and was not
disappointed.  Within the first ten minutes we had great looks at:
Loggerhead Shrike
Blue Grosbeak (male)
Prairie Warbler
Bell's Vireo
Sedge Wren
Henslow's Sparrow

Wow!!  What a way to start a morning.  And it was great to see old
friends and meet new birders.  I hope all of you who have never attended
an ASM Fall or Spring Meeting will consider joining us in the future for
one of these enjoyable events.  Thanks again to Mike Doyen, Clint
Trammel, Linda Frederick, David Plank, Adam Nesbitt, Loretta McClure,
Louise Wilkerson, Rod Lentz, and Blane Heumann for being great trip
leaders and putting together a wonderful weekend.
Sue Gustafson
St. Louis, MO