That should have been ten Baird's and ten Pectoral Sandpipers at Muskrat Lake.

  Also, I forgot to mention that I had my FOY Eastern Kingbird at Muskrat Lake. There were a lot of Lark Sparrows, some Savannahs and three Harris's Sparrows around the oxbow lakes area.

Larry Lade <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
  The wood warblers have not arrived in the Saint Joseph area yet, except for the many Yellow-rumped Warblers and the one, FOY Orange-crowned Warbler that I got today at Bluff Woods CA south of Saint Joseph. Some of the other birds seen at Bluff Woods were Blue-gray Gnatcatcher (8), Ruby-crowned Kinglet (5), Carolina Wren (9), Swainson's Thrush (4), Red-headed Woodpecker (2), Wild Turkey (2), Brown Creeper (1), Barred Owl (1) and Broad-winged Hawk (1). Full report will be posted to CACHE.

The ducks are all but gone from the Saint Joseph area. All I had today were Blue-winged Teal and Canada Geese.

Muskrat Lake held a few shorebirds, one Semipalmated Plover, Baird's Sandpiper (1), Pectoral Sandpiper (1), Lesser Yellowlegs and some Killdeer.

Mud Lake had one American White Pelican and about fifteen Double-crested Cormorants. Also around Mud Lake were two Swainson's Hawks.

Larry Lade
Saint Joseph, MO
Buchanan County