Dear MoBirders,

I spent some time yesterday and today out at Eagle Bluffs CA and Rock Bridge
State Park... Here is the more Interesting Birds that I found:

Eagle Bluffs from around 2:30 to 4:30 on Thursday - my first sightings were a
Male ORCHARD ORIOLE in the trees behind the "River Supply Channel" and a
FORSTER'S TERN flying above the Distribution Channel and around the
Cormorant Trees. Since very little else was going on in the area, I decided to
go for a little walk down in the "Old River Slough" area (the back sides of Pools
7 & 9)... There I Hit the Jackpot!!! I had (5+) PROTHONOTARY WARBLERS, (1)
Male BALTIMORE ORIOLE, (1) BLACK & WHITE WARBLER, (2) GRAY-CHEEKED
THRUSH, (1) SWAINSON'S THRUSH, (3+) NORTHERN PARULA, (1) HERMIT
THRUSH, (1) BROWN THRASHER, (1) WHITE-BREASTED NUTHATCH, (1)
WARBLING VIREO and (16+) YELLOW-RUMPED WARBLERS - there were Several
other Warbler/Vireo Species that I wasn't able to get good enough Looks at,
so there Probably were a few other Species... On the way out I saw (1)
YELLOW-HEADED BLACKBIRD.

Eagle Bluffs from 3:00 to 5:00 and then again at 6:00 to 7:20 (with Michelle)
on Friday - My first sightings were (6-7 - I have a Photo of them, and later 9
of them with Michelle!!!) YELLOW-HEADED BLACKBIRDS just before the First
One-Way in the grass... Then on the Return of the One-Way, there were (4)
LONG-BILLED DOWITCHERS, (3) LESSER YELLOWLEGS and (1) SOLITARY
SANDPIPER. Then I headed back to the "Old River Slough" area... There I had
(4+) PROTHONOTARY WARBLERS, (1) GREAT-CRESTED FLYCATCHER, (3+)
BLACK & WHITE WARBLERS, (3+) SWAINSON'S THRUSH, (4-6+) YWLLOW-
RUMPED WARBLERS, (1) GRAY-CHEEKED THRUSH, and (1) MOURNING WARBLER
(All Gray Head and Yellow Body!!!), I'm also pretty sure that I had a Yellow-
Breasted Chat and a Male Nashville Warbler, but I never was able to get a
Second Confirming Look on either of them (I had my New Camera with me and
I was trying to take Photos more than I was trying to Identify Birds...)... In
Pool 9 there was a single Male REDHEAD, and in Pool 15 we had (2) SPOTTED
SANDPIPERS and (7-9+) NORTHERN ROUGH-WINGED SWALLOWS.

Rock Bridge State Park from 5:15 to 5:45 - Met Michelle here and had what I
thought was a Female Nashville Warbler right off the bat, but again couldn't
get a Conclusive enough Look... Then just down from the Parking Lot (to the
Left - South I think...) there was a KENTUCKY WARBLER, a Male INDIGO
BUNTING, and (3+) BLUE-GRAY GNATCATCHERS. We also checked the Gans
Creek Nature area, as I had a WHITE-EYED VIREO on the 24th, but there
wasn't much going on there... So we headed back to Eagle Bluffs - Michelle
wanted to see the Yellow-headed Blackbirds (see above)...

Finally, in the last few days at our Birdfeeder Area, we have had (1) CLAY-
COLORED SPARROW (Life Bird) and (1) WOOD THRUSH - both are New Yard
Birds!!!

The weather wasn't the Greatest, but the Birding was Wonderful!!! I Hope you
Guys have an Incredible Time at the Spring Meeting!!! I Unfortunately have to
Work... Work sure does get in the way of my Birding Career - Whats-up with
that Anyway...??? Enjoy, I Wish I was there...!!! Please Take Care and the
Best of Birding to You All!!!

Yours,
Jonathan B. Pons
Columbia, Boone County