From: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">Diana Manister
To: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]
Sent: Saturday, April 21, 2007 5:55 AM
Subject: Trouble Accessing the Poetry Archive Site

Dear Eliot listers: April is not only the cruellest month, it is Poetry Month, and all poetry sites are overloaded with visitors. Poets.org, for which I am a moderator, is totally dead until Monday. We all had trouble getting on it this month, so the Academy of American Poets, which sponsors the poets.org forum, tried to install a bigger server and of course Murphy's law prevailed, as it usually does when it comes to computer networks. We are all hoping our data was not lost in the process.

I suppose it is encouraging that, as we've heard at poets.org, teachers are instructing their English students to visit poetry sites. When you realize that nowadays each student probably has his or her own computer, and multiply this by all the schools in the country, then add the library computers, you can see why poetry sites are going down. Worst case scenario: wait until May!

The page with the Eliot recordings is:

http://www.poetryarchive.org/poetryarchive/singlePoet.do?poetId=7069

If you have difficulty accessing it, you may want to try the Poetry Archive homepage:

http://www.poetryarchive.org/poetryarchive/home.do

There you will find links to other historic recordings, including

 "A Subaltern's Love Song" and "Youth and Age on Beaulieu River" by John Betjeman

Very best, Diana Manister