In a message dated 11/04/2007 21:34:39 GMT Daylight Time, [log in to unmask] writes:
At least they're low-rise, semi-natural structures, which give pleasure to many and maintain park-keepers in employment, Gunnar  - and the reference to 'little lake' wasn't meant at all literally, at all.......

Regards

David

I wonder what the size of the contraption has to do with its quality, or its "semi-naturalness"...

Best,

Gunnar

Surely not at all in the same league and certainly not so visually intrusive as many monstrous glass/steel/concrete multistorey 'buildings' / blocks and semi-natural in the sense that whether one likes them or not they're usually a kind-of moving, mechanized flower bed which a few trees or shrubs can usually very effectively screen from public view and possible aesthetic apoplexy amongst architects / public alarm. No doubt somewhere on the Web there's a 'Friends of Flower-Clocks' Society, but I won't be joining - just defending their right to dangle their dahlias and display their delphiniums in the privacy of their own public parks .......

Regards

David