Am 11.04.2007 um 15:09 schrieb Diana Manister:

> David, beautiful example!  I always thought a flower clock told time
> by the flowers alone, not by mechanical hands. Morning glories
> blooming at a certain time, for example, and other flowers opening at
> noon or late evening. Just my fantasy I guess! Diana
>  From: David Boyd <[log in to unmask]>
> To: [log in to unmask]
> Subject: Re: O.T.: RICK'S AMAZING CLOCK
> Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 05:50:02 EDT

> [log in to unmask] writes:

Flower clocks, oh man... beautiful example my ass.

There is another one of those horrible flower clocks  on Zurich's lake
shore, THE epitome of kitsch, sponsored by our watch industry,...
Visual pollution, that's what they are.
For some peculiar reason, Americans seem to like 'em.

Besides, David: Lake of Geneva is not so little, after all, "Lac Léman"
  measures over 6'300 km2!

Cheers,

Gunnar