Happy Easter and Passover, Everyone,

APRIL is the cruellest month, breeding
Lilacs out of the dead land, mixing
Memory and desire, stirring
Dull roots with spring rain.
Winter kept us warm, covering          5
Earth in forgetful snow, feeding
A little life with dried tubers.

April is hardly the cruellest month here in Florida, for in the first part of April, we have Easter, which means that THE TOURISTS ARE LEAVING, and the weather is gorgeous and my confederate jasmine are beginning to bloom (no lilacs here, unfortunately).

And now for a poem about cats, and not by Eliot.  There's a rabbit thrown in for Easter.  And, note the line about August being the most peaceful month.  April the Cruellest month and August the most Peaceful month.

A Rabbit As King Of The Ghosts

The difficulty to think at the end of day,
When the shapeless shadow covers the sun
And nothing is left except light on your fur—

There was the cat slopping its milk all day,
Fat cat, red tongue, green mind, white milk
And August the most peaceful month.

To be, in the grass, in the peacefullest time,
Without that monument of cat,
The cat forgotten on the moon;

And to feel that the light is a rabbit-light
In which everything is meant for you
And nothing need be explained;

Then there is nothing to think of. It comes of itself;
And east rushes west and west rushes down,
No matter. The grass is full

And full of yourself. The trees around are for you,
The whole of the wideness of night is for you,
A self that touches all edges,

You become a self that fills the four corners of night.
The red cat hides away in the fur-light
And there you are humped high, humped up,

You are humped higher and higher, black as stone—
You sit with your head like a carving in space
And the little green cat is a bug in the grass.

--Wallace Stevens

Regards,

Kate

See what's free at AOL.com.