[log in to unmask] writes:

At least they're low-rise, semi-natural structures, which give  pleasure to
many and maintain park-keepers in employment, Gunnar   - and the reference to
'little lake' wasn't meant at all literally, at  all.......

Regards

David

I wonder what the size of the contraption has to do  with its quality, or its
"semi-naturalness"...

Best,

Gunnar

Surely not at all in the same league and certainly not so  visually intrusive
as many monstrous glass/steel/concrete multistorey  'buildings' / blocks and
semi-natural in the sense that whether one likes  them or not they're usually
a kind-of moving, mechanized flower bed which a few  trees or shrubs can
usually very effectively screen from public view and  possible aesthetic apoplexy
amongst architects / public alarm. No doubt  somewhere on the Web there's a
'Friends of Flower-Clocks' Society, but  I won't be joining - just defending
their right to dangle their dahlias and  display their delphiniums in the privacy
of their own public  parks .......

Regards

David