On Sat, 07 Apr 2007 09:22:42 -0400, Diana Manister <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

> Here's a total irrelevancy: Anyone ever heard of a flower clock? They
> were very big in England during Eliot's time. Woodhouse mentions them in
> a Bertie and Wooster story. Diana

There is one at Niagara Falls, Canadian side.  Take your passport if you
want W. to let you back home.

Gunnar Jauch wrote:

> since my mail to you keeps bouncing back -- whatever happened to THE
> CLOCK???
>
> Happy Easter to you and Peggy,

Thank you Gunnar.  Wonderful spring skiing to you.
As for the bouncing: my ISP is excellent on stopping spam but every so
often
it blocks the good stuff too.

The clock is just a bit of someone else's code that I put in my "temp" (for
"temporary" directory but has lasted almost five years.  The code is still
there in the source of the webpage and it stills works in 2 out of the 3
browsers that I use (the latest Opera and an ancient Netscape, both running
on Linux.)

The clock is at http://world.std.com/~raparker/temp/clock.html

Rick