Eliot may have been misquoting himself.  With an online search using
Dogpile.com and a selection of keywords instead of a quoted phrase I
was able to come up with:

   "No generation is interested in art in quite the same way as any
    other; each generation, like each individual, brings to the
    contemplation of art its own categories of appreciation, makes
    its own demands upon art, and has its own uses for art."

But of course there was no citation.  Go to these webpages and look up
the authors and maybe they will be able to help.  Please send in what
you find to TSE.  I've been contemplating a page or pages of Eliot
quotes with citations for some time.
   http://www.bcainc.org/news.asp.435.html
   http://www.frodosnotebook.com/intro.html
   http://www.dolmetsch.com/musictheory20.htm